Thursday, December 23, 2010

Time to Hit the Gym

This is the time of year where all cyclists and triathletes should be spending some time at the gym. I know there are some of us who despise the weight room, but building now in the off season will pay off dividends when the season kicks up. Your legs can always be stronger and your core needs to be stronger, 2 basic principles to live by. I am a firm believer in adding weight training to my normal routine as soon as the season ends. It gives my body a chance to rebuild after all the intense hours on the bike. However, because I am going through different routines and using muscles I forgot I had, extreme soreness always ensues. The good news is I found a new product to help combat the soreness and enable me to continue training without having to take serious time off between workouts.
It is called Master Amino Acid Pattern or MAP for short. It is essentially the amino acids your muscles need to recover and rebuild but don't get because most of the protein we ingest gets transported as waste throughout our body. I don't know the true science behind it, but I do know that it works. Since I started taking the product, I have been less sore after both long hard rides and also extreme weight workouts at the gym.

Check it out, the way to get faster is by training harder, but in order to train harder we all need to recover better.

No comments: